Saturday, November 26, 2011

Magnificent multitaskers

I bought this oil over a year ago.  It is only recently, however, that I have truly fallen in love with it.  I'm a big multi-tasker, so when I discover a product that can multi-task as well as I can, it's a big win.  Argan oil is light and makes a terrific facial moisturizer in the winter because it moisturizes deeply while absorbing quickly. Your skin will not feel greasy and the oil mimics your skin's oil production which means no clogged pores either.  That is happy news. You can also use it as a quick hand moisturizer or cuticle oil. It is EXCELLENT at removing waterproof mascara. Simply apply a drop or two to your ring finger and wipe it across your lashes before you wash your face.  You can also follow up with a little baby shampoo - my every day eye makeup remover. (More on that later.)

My favorite use it as an under eye moisturizer.  While I'm not obsessed with avoiding wrinkles, the skin under my eyes can become uncomfortably dry especially in the winter.  Most eye creams are so heavy that they never absorb into my skin and I'm left with an oil slick in the morning.  This is not the case with argan oil.  I dab a drop between my ring fingers, pat it on and my eyelids are refreshed in the morning.  I swear the lines are smoother as well.  It helps me look like I've had enough rest even when that isn't the case.  You use only a few drops at a time (3 for the face, 1 for the eyelids), so the product lasts a very long time.  I use the Josie Maran Argan Oil travel size and it lasts nearly a year (unless you spill it all over the counter - ALWAYS be sure to screw the cap back on when you are done.  Otherwise, you may lean forward and knock over the bottle, spilling the oil all over the counter and into the vanity drawers.  It WILL be a hassle to clean up.  Oops!).  I usually purchase this product from Sephora through Ebates, a nifty little web site that reimburses you for shopping through their links like a rebate.*  For its low price, long life, and multiple uses, it truly is a toxin free bargain.


Here's another multi-tasking all star.  My eye doctor recommended using baby shampoo to wash eye makeup off because it avoids tugging the eyelids like using standard eye makeup removers with a cotton ball.  I gave it a try thinking that baby shampoo must be the gentlest, most toxin free product there is.  I took for granted that the baby shampoo would have very few to no toxins.  I mean, it's shampoo for BABIES, after all.  Sadly, this is not the case.  I looked into it and baby shampoos had the same toxins as regular shampoos including artificial fragrance.  Some "no tears" formulas even use numbing agents to mask the stinging in the eyes.  What?!

Enter California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Body Wash, No Fragrance.  It does not sting, it washes off eye makeup and I recognize each of the ingredients on the label.  It is now my daily eye makeup remover of choice - suds a bit up on your fingers, lightly rub across your lids, rinse, and voila!  No more eye makeup or raccoon eyes when you wake up in the morning.  Its awesome powers do not end there.  Its title already alludes to its multi-tasking prowess as it is a shampoo and body wash.  I've used it for both.  It makes my hair and skin really soft.  It is gentle enough to be used as a face wash without stripping your skin of necessary moisture and you can add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice to make an excellent hand soap.  It clearly makes a great travel companion since you can fit 4 products in the space of 1 on the go.  I imagine it would also be terrific for babies since it was made with them in mind!

The small bottle costs about $12 for 8.5 oz.  A little goes a long way, so it is still a great deal.  You can also purchase 19 oz bottle for around $22.  I have only purchased the 8.5 oz. bottle because it lasted about 10 months. So far, I have been nothing but impressed with any California Baby products that I have tried (Again, for myself - I have not had any babies testing the products.)  Their products are made in the USA, are toxin free and are created through sustainable practices.  It is definitely a company to keep an eye on for yourself and your children.

You can purchase California Baby Shampoos & Body Washes at:

Drugstore.com (also on Ebates)
Whole Foods
Bed Bath & Beyond
Target


*If you do a lot of online shopping, Ebates is totally worth it because it gives you money back on purchases you are making anyway.  I've used it for years and it couldn't be easier.  If you are interested in trying it, you can use my referral link here and get $5 back with your first purchase. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment